The Virtual Learning Strategy (VLS) Collection provides eligible Ontario educators and learners with access to free educational resources. Please use the form below to submit your final VLS content.
Before you submit your content, please read through our criteria and the Grant-Supported OER Submission Guide for detailed instruction on preparing your VLS content for submission and step-by-step detail on answering the questions on the submission form.
Submission Process Overview
- Read the submission criteria.
- Read the Grant-Supported OER Submission Guide to help you prepare your content and answer the questions on the submission form.
- Complete the Submission Form. The accuracy of this form has a direct impact on how long it takes to catalogue your project.
- Receive a confirmation email for your submission.
- Allow up to 60 business days for eCampusOntario Open Library team to review and catalogue your submission.
- Expect to be contacted if further details are required to catalogue your content.
- Receive a confirmation email with a link to view your resource.
- Review your resource and provide feedback and any metadata corrections that need to be made. If no modifications are needed, your resource is published.
- Clearly label licensing information on your resource, including any exceptions or copyright permissions. Please refer to the Grant-Supported OER Submission Guide on how to mark your work with Ontario Commons Licenses.
- Clearly label all copyright holders of the resource and/or permissions granted on content.
- For openly licensed Open Educational Resources (OER), ensure all content (text, images, media, etc.) is free from copyright restrictions or used with copyright permissions/exceptions.
- Provide editable files for all objects e.g., raw video files (e.g. .mp4), H5P files, .docx, Pressbooks XML, HTML source files, if applicable. Please refer to the Grant-Supported OER Submission Guide for more information about editable files.
- All content must meet current accessibility requirements as specified under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- The resource must include the Acknowledgement of Provincial Funding statement. Please refer to the Grant-Supported OER Submission Guide for the statement.
- Include an accessibility statement in your resource. Please refer to the Grant-Supported OER Submission Guide for examples.
- The resource is available in at least two different file types (e.g., HTML and PDF).
- Include supplementary or ancillary resources such as test banks, videos, instructor guides, or presentation slides.
- If applicable, the provide the resource in a format that supports print-on-demand.
- Provide a cover image for the resource.
File Upload Size
If you are uploading multiple files or your file is larger than 1000MB/1GB, please use a file compression tool to help reduce its size. You can also use a cloud storage solution and provide a URL on the Submission Form as an alternative. Please set the permissions on your cloud storage URL to allow anyone with the link to have access.
If after compressing your files and your files exceed 1000MB/1GB, or cloud storage is not an option, please contact us before you start your submission for an agreed-upon alternative solution.
Please complete all required fields and provide as much information as possible. An asterisk (*) means that the field must be completed. By completing the optional fields, you make it easier to describe your resource, and for others to find your resource. If a field does not apply to your resource, leave it blank on the form. Your submission is due by February 28, 2023.
Contact us if you need additional support.